Monday, February 21, 2011

Songs for cruising... (Jack's Mannequin, Jakob Dylan, Wham!, & Two Door Cinema Club)

I'm sure that you probably think that title means these are songs for taking a leisurely car ride, but you are wrong. Life has been pretty crazy lately. I've spent more time in emotional tizzies than I care to admit. However, it has all sort of mellowed out, and I've found this serene state of calm and happiness. The cynic in me is screaming to delete that last statement as fast as possible before the fates hear and right my life back to the drama show fit for my silly little Pisces butt, but I'm not going to do that. I'm just going to enjoy this, close my eyes, ignore the lurking pessimism, and hope like hell that reality knocks me out when it pops back around the corner.
Jack's Mannequin - Swim

Ok, so this isn't one of my normal picks. I love dark, depressing songs about jilted lovers. I'm pretty sure that this is about this guy being optimistic through his battle with cancer. I want to make some snarky comment, but honestly, how can you? This song is pretty badass. The video is a little annoying, so just focus on the music.

(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sA8PaIw5gcE)

Jakob Dylan - Everybody's Hurting

This m is beautiful, but when he sings, I still just want to close my eyes and get lost in that sound. His sound is a sad, yet sweet combination that hints of something beautiful and heartbreaking all at once. This song always makes me take a deep breath, which means that it's just a little beyond kind of amazing.


(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgigjciOUu8)

Wham! - A Different Corner

Ok, I can hear the collective groan, but before you judge, you have to really listen to this song. Worst thing that happens is you get to laugh at a video of George Michael where he has a crazy mullet and a cool 80's sweater. Honestly, I have loved this song for so long that it's hard for me to tell anymore if it's really that good or if the years of loving it have made me grow a little too fond of it.


I'd say that love was a magical thing. I'd say that love would keep us from pain. Had I been there...


(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPWHkK-_a_A)

Two Door Cinema Club - Something Good Can Work

And on a different note, something completely different that will make you feel good and need to dance. I guess that I'm just all over the board in my emotions these days.


(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PorW3y5n1w)

No comments: