Friday, December 31, 2010

And a new year begins... (Glen Phillips, Band of Horses, & Heather Nova)

I have been on vacation and a little lax with the writing. I had every intention of posting on Christmas, but I was sick and completely unmotivated. To save you the anticipation of having to wait an entire year to finally hear what my favorite holiday song is, I'll just tell you because it's always the same: Wham! - Last Christmas.

Well, it has been one hell of a year for me and I'm both surprised and proud of myself for actually keeping up with this blog. I have no idea if or who actually reads it, but it is cathartic. Anyway, to make up for not writing enough, I've picked three pretty spectacular songs.
Glen Phillips - Blindsight

I can't remember the last time that a song hit me as hard as this one. It both unsettles and calms me. In the soundtrack of my life, it perfectly feels like the last month I've had. Granted, it is a little sad, but it is still so beautiful and aware.


(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGEM0Tt8V4k)

Band of Horses - Part One

This song has a perfect mood. It is difficult to explain, but it is almost like that feeling of absolute vulnerability and intimacy. I find it both sexy and emotional, which is pretty awesome.


You really caught me, dear, at the bottom when I'd fallen...


(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4IOx4zgHvA)

Heather Nova - Like Lovers Do

Ok, I admit it. The beginning of my Christmas vacation was spent in a Felicity marathon. I love Ben Covington with those sexy, sexy eyes and that soft whispery voice. Plus, it takes me back to my college days. I've always loved listening to Heather Nova, but back in those days, I was a religious listener. Her voice is beyond amazing and it has a quality that completely ups the ante of my sexual divaness. And you are welcome for all the words I just had to make up to explain it.


(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-GbcBAOzBU)

No comments: