Tuesday, August 14, 2012

A Broken Mirror

A few months ago on my morning walk, I noticed that a large mirror had been shattered across the road. All superstitions aside, I was intrigued. The sky was especially blue that morning and the reflection in the mirror was incredibly beautiful. I snapped a photo.


A few days later, someone had brushed a big, intact piece of the mirror into the grass.  I enjoyed the way that the blue sky contrasted with the deep greens of the surrounding grass, so I used it to take a self portrait.


A few days ago, I noticed that the broken pieces still remained. It was harder to see because the grass and plants had started to grow up around and break the pieces apart. I liked that it has lived in that spot for so long, untouched by humans, but was starting to be pulled back into the ground by the plants.  

No comments: