Sunday, November 25, 2007

A musicians is an actor is a musician...

I read two very interesting articles today. The first was a discussion about actors who learn to play instruments when they play musical roles. It was interesting because all of the films mentioned where the actors learned to play the instruments turned out to be fantastic films.

On the other end, I also looked through a Rolling Stones slide show article of musicians who have been fantastic actors. Again, from all of the movies that I've seen, I definitely agree with this list. I wonder what the secret is here. They are all really talented and emotional, so maybe one bleeds into another. Who knows, but it was interesting just the same.

"The world today doesn't make sense, so why should I paint pictures that do? "
-Pablo Picasso

No comments: