Monday, September 8, 2008

Hillary Clinton, Rock On!

I had the fantastic opportunity to listen to Hillary Clinton speak at the Rally for Change in Tampa tonight. I’ve never understood the impact a speech can make until I was in that room tonight, hearing someone address the problems that are at the forefront of my mind. I felt so patriotic saying the Pledge of Allegiance in harmony with a gymnasium full of people. 

I also learned a couple of things:
  • When I'm excited, I take shaky, crappy photos. In the future, avoid trying to take too many photos when excited. 
  • When taking videos, never yell in agreement at statements. I keep telling myself that the microphone was super close to my mouth, but damn, I am loud! I thought that I was only that loud when drinking and rock stars came on stage. 
  • Arriving early means more than 10 minutes before the doors open. My crappy crowd placement is largely due to the fact that I was one of the last people there. 
My photos aren't too great, but they are still the event through my eyes. Hopefully, I'll learn and get some better photos for the next one.

http://picasaweb.google.com/aw.dylanis/RallyForChangeHillaryClintonInTampa#


“It is from numberless diverse acts of courage and belief that human history is shaped. Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope.” - Robert Kennedy




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Never took you for the political type but good on ya for trying to do something to halt the madness going on in your country.

Im pretty much a political pessimist but the act of resistance is worth it in itself, even if futile ;)

Good luck.