Monday, November 10, 2008

Life, Writing, HS Flashbacks, Vampy Fun, and more Writing

It's been awhile since I've written. I get that, but such is life.

The Artist' Way has really changed me. I didn't believe it could make a different, but it is true. It's ironic that the way for me to find some peace was to just listen to myself and write. Morning journaling, morning pages in the book, are the best way to start the day. It's a healthy dose of honesty. It grounds me and allows me to get all of my gripes with the world out before I ever lay eyes on anyone else.

When I need to gripe publicly, I turn to Twitter. I am such a Twitteraholic these days. It's like things don't happen until I make a statement about it to my followers. I love getting glimpses into people's lives. Limiting to 120 characters seems to drop inhibitions and allow people to really put themselves out there.

I’ve been stuck in a flashback to my high school days. It could be the just passed high school reunion, the fact that we dressed as high school stereotypes for Halloween at work (goth for me), or the rumination of this quarter life existential crisis that I've been going through for the past few years. I've gotten back in touch with some friends and reminded myself that I know and have known some pretty awesome people in my days. It's also kicked up a lot of memories of good books, movies, and music. I've picked my top 3 movies from my high school years: Dazed and Confused (Slaterson!), Empire Records (always such a Corey and not in the drugged out, reality show on A&E way), and Mallrats (Jason Lee, hot as ever).

I've been working on a new story. It's the first one that I've been this dedicated to in quite some time. Writing makes me feel powerful and happy. I'm not sure how I forgot that, but it's really nice to have it back.

No comments: