Monday, March 15, 2010

Awesomeness Redux

I kept putting off last week’s entry because I’ve been stuck listening to Blind Pilot and Black Kids over and over again. I ended up taking a long weekend off from work and then completely forgot to write or force myself to listen to new music, and since I really love both of these songs, I decided to just go with it.

The first song is I've Underestimated My Charm (Again) by the Black Kids. It’s just sorta quirky with great lyrics. About 2 minutes in, it changes to a different song and I love that I can’t decide if I like the beginning or end better.



"Didn't mean to do you no harm,
I just underestimated my charm.
And if I ever bother to tell you the truth,
oh, baby, you're too much sugar for
my sweet tooth."

The second song is 3 Rounds and a Sound by Blind Pilot. Why? This is just one of the most beautiful and sweet songs that I’ve heard. I love songs that make you feel like you’re in love and I always get that warm potential for love glow when I listen to this one. Who doesn’t wish for feelings like these about someone special?



"I was swimming
My eyes were dark
Til you woke me
And told me that opening is just the start
It was."

No comments: