Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Listen and Repeat

I’ve been in one of those moods where I can put a song on repeat and listen to it for an hour. That happened with both of my picks this week; both songs are beautiful and honest and I love that.

Augustana – Either Way, I’ll Break Your Heart Someday

About a year ago, I heard Augustana for the first time when I saw them perform with Counting Crows and Michael Franti. It was one of those crazy, fun shows where so many good things were happening that you could barely process it all. I’ve listened to Augustana sporadically, but I’ve never got in to them the way that I thought I should. This song has been on repeat in my car for two days. With the windows down, I have been singing my heart out like it is my own personal anthem.


(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JxK4juRnk0)


Brandi Carlile – Oh Dear

After a super stressful day at work and an especially painful workout (after just starting up my work outs again), I laid down on my living room floor with the sunlight beaming in on me, listened to my iPod, and played Bejeweled Blitz. When this song came on, I couldn’t turn it off for a good hour. Again, there was probably some bad singing involved.

(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SDpZrLciCE)

No comments: