Sunday, August 29, 2010

Soothing a Savage Heart

Even though it is my most repeated comment, I will say it again - this has been one hell of a week, and I'm behind on making my weekly song pick. I've been super busy at work and haven't had a lot of time to listen to all of my new music and pick out favorite songs. However, I still have a couple that have been on my mind this week.
Brandi Carlile - Hiding My Heart

Whenever I'm having a day that I really don't want to face, I shuffle Brandi Carlile on my iPod. Her songs are always so beautiful and calming. It always seems like I can find some sort of answer or comfort in the lyrics and for that I am always grateful.



Grant Lee Phillips - Boys Don't Cry


I always loved Grant Lee Phillips on Gilmore Girls, but I didn't have any of his albums. While scanning through the $5 albums on Amazon, I came across Nineteeneighties and was completely hooked. I'm a big fan of both the 80's and super awesome covers, so it felt like this one was made for me. Even more, I rarely enjoy anyone covering a Cure song (because who could really top Robert Smith), but I love this cover. I'm definitely interested in listening to a lot more of Grant Lee Phillips.

No comments: