Sunday, October 31, 2010

Because Music Makes Halloween...

This post basically mixes two of my favorite things: Halloween and any random reason to create a playlist. These are my top 10 Halloween songs for 2010.

10. DJ Jazzy Jeff & the Fresh Prince – A Nightmare on My Street
The only thing that freaks me out more than Freddy Kreuger is Michael Myers. I can guarantee that the Halloween theme song will never make one of my playlists because it takes me a month to sleep right again after hearing it. Oh yeah, I love this song too because it gives me an excuse to do the Fresh Prince jump.

9. Marilyn Manson – Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This)
Considering that Marilyn Manson is pretty much walking Halloween, this was an easy choice. Plus, I love a good cover.

8. Warren Zevon – Werewolves of London
A classic pick for any playlist, this song is just great to jam out to while nice and toasty in your costume.

7. Talking Heads – Psycho Killer
I always think that this song is The Doors when it first plays, which in itself stands for it being awesome. What's Halloween without French-singing mass murdering art-school psychopaths?

6. Oingo Boingo – Dead Man’s Party
The 80's knew how to do everything to make me love it, and this song is no exception. This song will definitely start your ghoulies on some Molly Ringwald 1980's Breakfast Club style dancing.

5.  Rockwell – Somebody’s Watching Me
Wow, Berry Gordy's kid sure did know how to pick a backup singer (ahem, Michael Jackson). Dare you to try to get this song out of your head. I'm just an average man with an average life...

4. The Doors – People are Strange
This song is always awesome. It always reminds me of The Lost Boys and of simpler times when the Coreys were fighting vampires and Keifer was still cool.

3. Bobby “Boris” Pickett – Monster Mash
This is the most classic and essential Halloween Song and will always be on my playlist. Bet you can't listen without wanting to Mashed Potato. 

2.   Matthew Sweet – Scooby Doo, Where Are You?
I have always loved Halloween (costumes and free candy!). Every day after school, I rushed home to watch Scooby, which gave me my daily dose of Halloween. I guess that I was just born a dark, freaky child.

1.  Michael Jackson – Thriller
Even before Scooby, I loved Michael Jackson's Thriller. I would play this song over and over and over again even though the Vincent Price voice over at the end scared me. I loved being scared. I guess that some things really never change. 


(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOnqjkJTMaA)

Want to listen to this playlist and even more Halloween classics? Halloween Mix on last.fm

No comments: