Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Songs to keep you busy... (Jakob Dylan, The Beach Boys, and Belle & Sebastian)

So whoops, I sorta lost a week in there somewhere. I have been busy. Doing what you ask? Hmm, well, I dunno... stuff. Mostly just complaining about how busy I am. Go figure. I want to pretentiously say that I have been avoiding the television (except for watching 30 Rock) and getting a lot of reading in, which is true, but if asked, the list of what I've been reading will probably negate the whole thing (2 YA novels and Tina Fey's book).
Jakob Dylan - Smile When You Call Me That

If I could pick anyone (today anyway), I would choose Jakob Dylan to sing me to sleep each and every night. This is such a funny, snarky song, but it's amazing just how much feeling he puts into it. Just wonderful.


The Beach Boys - Wouldn't It Be Nice

I saw The Beach Boys the other night. I love seeing any of those iconic bands from the 1960's. When they first started singing, I thought it was a recording, but they just still sounded that good. I guess that I never realized how many popular songs they had. I can't listen to this song without dancing, singing along, and trying to harmonize.



Belle & Sebastian - If You Find Yourself Caught In Love


I'm not even sure how to explain Belle & Sebastian, but there is just something about them that make me feel like I have to be listening to them. They somehow calm my nerves and understand my problems. I dig their sweet kickback, retro sound. I guess that's why I love them. Thanks Belle & Sebastian.

No comments: