Sunday, December 18, 2011

My 2011 Christmas Music Mix

One of my favorite things to do at Christmas (well, any holiday or day really) is to make a fabulous mix tape... err cd... I mean playlist. I really miss the art of the mixtape. I always try to include some classics while searching out some random, less popular songs. It's a gift from the heart of my music snobbery.

If you want to download any of the songs, I linked them up with Amazon MP3 to make it a bit easier. A few songs can only be purchased in MP3 as part of the Now That's What I Call Christmas compilation, so I marked those and linked to the album. Hope you enjoy!


  1. Eartha Kitt - Santa Baby
  2. Otis Redding - Merry Christmas, Baby
  3. Ella Fitzgerald & Louis Jordan - Baby, It's Cold Outside
  4. Chuck Berry - Run Rudolph Run
  5. The Killers - The Cowboys' Christmas Ball (available from iTunes)
  6. Chris Isaak - Blue Christmas
  7. Wham! - Last Christmas
  8. Band Aid - Do They Know It's Christmas? (Now That's What I Call Christmas)
  9. Queen - Thank God It's Christmas
  10. Ray Charles - The Spirit of Christmas
  11. Eddie Vedder & Mike McCready - Let Me Sleep (It's Christmas Time)
  12. Bing Crosby & David Bowie - Little Drummer Boy/Peace on Earth (Now That's What I Call Christmas)
  13. Chris Isaak - Mele Kalikimaka
  14. Bobby Helms - Jingle Bell Rock
  15. The Pogues ft. Kristy McColl - Fairytale of New York
  16. The Kinks - Father Christmas
  17. U2 - Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)
  18. The Magnetic Fields - Everything Is One Big Christmas Tree
  19. Big Bad Voodoo Daddy - Mr. Heatmiser
  20. Eels - Christmas Is Going To The Dogs
  21. Ottmar Liebert - Deck The Halls (Now That's What I Call Christmas)
  22. The Waitresses - Christmas Wrapping
  23. Mariah Carey - All I Want For Christmas Is You

No comments: