Sunday, September 30, 2007

On writing and not writing...

I'm one of those people who deals with their issues through their writing. Most of the time, I don't try to cover up that fact because writing is cathartic and gives me a safe reasoning space. I also think it works well as a healthy reminder of life's lessons.

The last few years of my life, I have been through so many periods of change. I feel like I'm the same person, but then I know that things have changed me. The most difficult part of all of this is that I haven't felt like writing. It’s been good because it forced me to deal with everything head on, but it is also sad because I didn't take the opportunity to expand my writing and realize what all of these things have meant to me and who I am.

I've gotten the writing bug back and I've been reading all of these fantastic books (Their Eyes Were Watching God has completely spun me around). My mind is so creatively charged. Organizing all these creative bursts feels like teaspooning a tidal wave into buckets, but I'm still figuring it all out. As crazy as it sounds, I'm enjoying it. I am happy to have the drive and interest again., For me to be a happy person, I have to create things.



Writing is both mask and unveiling.
E.B. White

A synonym is a word you use when you can't spell the other one.
- Baltasar Gracián

No comments: