Thursday, April 22, 2010

Washed in Black, Tattooed Everything

Last week, I saw Colin Hay at the Capital Theater. I’m always amazed at how great both his solo and Men at Work songs are. I started listening to his solo work after hearing the Garden State soundtrack and then seeing him tour with Ringo Starr a few years back. He has great melodic songs with powerful, yet beautiful lyrics.

“I can't get to sleep
I think about the implications
Of diving in too deep
And possibly the complications”
Second up this week is Pearl Jam’s Black.. I was seriously into Pearl Jam back in the day… that day being late middle school when I was wearing flannel and combat boots and my idea of a philosophical debate was if Eddie Vedder or Kurt Cobain was hotter. I always sided with Vedder. I mean that voice, those lyrics, and all that emotion. And oh man, if this isn’t just the epitome of Eddie Vedder’s hotness, I don’t know what is. How I miss grunge guys with long hair, chain wallets, and skateboards. Excuse me while I have myself a nice little Ethan Hawke in Reality Bites daydream.


“I know someday you'll have a beautiful life,
I know you'll be a sun in somebody else's sky, but why
Why, why can't it be, can't it be mine...”

No comments: