Monday, November 22, 2010

Bucket List #22: Sing with Diana Ross... Check.

Growing up, I loved The Supremes. I would stand in the doorway between our living room and dining room, pretending it was a stage, and sing along to all the songs. My first dream job was joining The Supremes and singing back up for Diana Ross. I never did have a very good concept of the date, which lead to other delusions that involved The Monkees, The Beatles, Bob Dylan, and Pete Townshend. Anyway, Saturday night I had the privilege of seeing Diana Ross live. I've had a lot of years to grow my expectations and she still blew them all away. Her voice was beautiful, her costumes to die for, and in perfect diva style, she was utterly fabulous.

A few songs in, it hit me that my dream was coming true. I sang along with Diana Ross. Granted there were a few thousand of us living that dream, but it made no less spectacular. My next to do list item is to get a trunk of sequined evening gowns for singing along to the stereo. A girl has got to do these sorts of things right.


The Supremes - I Hear a Symphony

I love to talk tough, but my undying love of this song proves just what a soft-hearted love optimist I really am.


(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_T9SEY8eLyk)


The Supremes - Where Did Our Love Go

I can't think of any other song that leaves me so unable to let it go. I will randomly Baby Baby for hours after hearing it.


(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izzKUoxL11E)


Michael Jackson & Diana Ross - Ease on Down the Road


I have seen The Wiz more times that I care to admit (I had the biggest thing for Michael Jackson as a kid). When she played this song in concert, I about exploded from excitement.


(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BfvzaSxkSY)

No comments: