Sunday, February 27, 2011

Songs for getting older... (The Beatles, The Avett Brothers, & G.Love)

As I like to remind everyone starting around November, tomorrow is my birthday. I am always so excited when the day is coming, but as it gets closer, I start thinking a little too hard about my life. Thinking too much about one's life is never a good move. On the other side of that, I'm ready to celebrate.

In thinking about the last year and everything that has happened, I realize that some of it was pretty difficult and trying, but for the most part, this last year has been so full of surprises and cool things that I have to dub it one of the best years of my life. I go into the next year with an open mind and an open heart.
The Beatles - Birthday

I can't think of anyone other than John, Paul, George, and Ringo that would be more awesome to have sing happy birthday to you. Plus, this song totally rocks.



The Avett Brothers - All My Mistakes

As with all Avett Brothers' songs, this is beautiful and the lyrics are pure poetry. Plus, I think it's a perfect sentiment for this time of the year.


But I can't go back and I don't want to 'cause all my mistakes, they brought me to you...



G. Love - 50 Ways To Leave Your Lover

This isn't exactly the best video (it just sort of dies halfway through), but this is a seriously cool cover. Take the awesomeness of Paul Simon (my writing hero) and then funk it up with some G. Love. Good times.



No comments: