Tuesday, February 15, 2011

(Cover) Songs for Over Thinking Everything... (Brandi Carlile & R.E.M.)

Mix some crazy lusty hormones, a super emotional heart, and a lot of inappropriate snarky comments and then times it by my hyperactivity and you get the crazy town that is me lately. Mostly, I just want to tell my brain to shut up, give my heart a valium, and let things get back to the basics, but life is never quite that easy, is it? Anyway, here are some kick ass covers.
Brandi Carlile - Creep (Live In Boston)

This song is so sad. I really don't want to relate to it, but I have been there. Digging on someone so hard, craving their attention, trying to make them happy, doing goofy shit to screw up the situation, and then kind of realizing that it shouldn't be so difficult. I couldn't find the released version of it, but this video gives you an idea.


I don't care if it hurts. I wanna have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. I want you to notice when I'm not around...



R.E.M. - Dream (All I Have To Do)

This is most definitely my favorite cover. Before the internet, I spent countless hours searching for this. Thank goodness for dreams and the loveliness they allow.

Dream, dream, dream... 

No comments: