Sunday, February 13, 2011

Songs for #$@%& Valentine's Day... (Adele, Sheryl Crow, Nicole Atkins, & The Avett Brothers)

Bleh. Valentines Day. Hmpf. 

Excuse my Eeyore moment, but the only thing that sucks more than being single on Valentine's Day is being single and hopelessly adoring someone that you just can't tell. Damn this silly heart, always trying to make my love life like some dumb RomCom. I’m kind of wishing that I was a little bit cooler of a heroine too.
Adele - Chasing Pavements

This is a seriously demented video. It kinda freaks me out, but it so perfectly explains my current state of confusion and indecision.

If I tell the world, I'll never say enough because it was not said to you, and that's exactly what I need to do...



Sheryl Crow - I Shall Believe

I love when Sheryl Crow sings really beautiful, honest, emotional songs, and this is really one of them. This song always gets me in the gut and it is near impossible for me to listen without giving it my complete Aretha Franklin (aka singing all dramatic and diva-like).


It seems like every time I try to make it right, it all comes down on me. Please say honestly you won't give up on me, and I shall believe...



Nicole Atkins - Cry, Cry, Cry

I usually pick songs because they match my emotional state, but I picked this one because I was excited about the new album.

You ought to ask her if two wrongs make a right cause our love's a dark disaster since I turned on the light...



The Avett Brothers - Murder in the City

I choke up a little bit every time I listen to this song. It's so sweet, honest, and vulnerable. It reminds me of the things that are really important in life and just how much love guides us (... even when we're hiding off on our islands). So, I take this as my Valentines Day song for 2011 and will focus on all of the love I do have in my life. You'll never hear me complain about getting to see close ups of those sweet, sweet Avett Brothers blues in the video.

No comments: