Saturday, June 4, 2011

Songs for when my travels go wrong... (Simon & Garfunkel & The Smiths)

I spent the last week in denial that I had the flu Sadly, it finally took me down in the middle of my vacation to New York City. I crawled my way home early and spent the remainder of the holiday weekend hiding out in my bed. It wasn't so bad though. I got lost in a marathon of episodes of Medium and lots of sleep.
  Simon & Garfunkel – Homeward Bound

Not until I was stranded, sick and alone is a big strange city did I fully understand the meaning of this song and just how much being home sick can completely take you over. Plus, when I feel down, bad, or whatever, nothing calms me and makes me feel safe quite like Paul Simon’s voice. Growing up, I would listen to my Simon & Garfunkel albums for hours while painting and writing and hanging out. They are a little bit of home to me.


The Smiths – This Charming Man

In general, I think The Smiths are considered a pretty depressing-sounding band, but it is impossible for me to listen to this song and not completely jam out and sing along… with my fake English accent and all. I think that I was born with love for both the Mozzer and Johnny Marr.

No comments: