Sunday, July 8, 2012

Ringo Starr

Part of my love of the Beatles is rooted in the countless hours that I spent watched A Hard Day’s Night and Help!. There was one week where I watched Help! around 20 times in a row (yikes... my poor parents!). In both movies, the main story line is focused on Ringo, which has always endeared him to me. He is always sort of bubbling, adorable, and sweet.

Last Sunday, I saw him perform with his 13th All-Starr band at Ruth Eckerd Hall. It was my fourth time seeing him, and as always the concert was consistently entertaining and kind of amazing (See my previous post: With a Little Help From His Friends). Ringo is a great ringleader and does an amazing job of performing and amply sharing the spotlight with a great collection of musicians. This year’s musicians included: Steve Lukather (Toto), Gregg Rolie (Journey, Santana), Richard Page (Mr. Mister), Todd Rundgren, Mark Rivera, and Gregg Bissonette.

As always, it was a fantastic night and I had my moment when I realized that there before me was Ringo Starr, very similar to those movies that I always loved. So, because it always makes me laugh, here are a a couple of fun Ringo moments from The Beatles movies.





No comments: