Sunday, June 15, 2008

Canadian Cross-dressing Crazies



I can’t believe that I have waited this long to rave about getting to see Kids in the Hall (Dave Foley, Bruce McCulloch, Kevin McDonald, Mark McKinney, Scott Thompson) live! In May, they came to Ruth Eckerd Hall and performed a set of sketches that, much like their show, had me doubled over in my seat laughin. They performed old sketches (Buddy Cole, Chicken Lady, and Head Crusher to name a few) and brought along new sketches that were just as funny, if not more. I particularly liked the high school dances and Foley’s time machine:




I sat a few rows back from the stage, and I could see them react when people were really laughing at things. After watching them for so long on tv, it was weird to have them turn and look at you when you’re hysterical over something. I also saw them (especially Kevin McDonald and Dave Foley) absolutely cracking each other up in the middle of sketches. It was so amazing to see them having such a good time while performing.

I’m still a little heartbroken that I didn’t get my head crushed.

After the show, I was completely addicted to watching the old series again and bought The Kids in the Hall Megaset. If you're a fan, this set includes everything and is completely awesome and classic.
And here's one of my favorite classics:

No comments: