Friday, June 4, 2010

A Subtle Kiss That No One Sees

I recently purchased a new laptop, so it has been quite an undertaking to decide what music to move over now and what to put on the fresh install on my iPod. As always, I have some mainstays and my songs this week are taken from that collection. I feel like I’ve gotten a little boring and far too past heavy with the recent choices, but the other day I downloaded a bunch of free Indie samplers and I’m sure that I’ll find some interesting new songs in the upcoming weeks. If you want to check them out, see the list of samplers.


Depeche Mode – Somebody

I find this video a little creepy, but I love this song, so just close your eyes and listen. I love the honesty and vulnerability of the song and I really believe that’s what makes it amazing.


“I want somebody who cares
for me passionately
with every thought
with every breath
someone who’ll help me see things
in a different light
all the things I detest
I will almost like…”


The Killers – Read My Mind

In contrast, I absolutely love this video (most specifically the Elvis part). The song is just fantastic (I’m not sure that there are any Killers songs that I don’t like though). Their songs always read like a story to me and they are wonderful at spinning their tales.

“I never really gave up on breaking out of this two star town…”

No comments: