Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Songs for thinking...(Amos Lee, Sam Phillips, & Chris Isaak)

I'm a little post happy this week. I think it's more my need to write because music has been sounding so fantastic music to me lately. I've been thinking a lot about things and thinking, writing, and good music always seem to help me make the best decisions. I guess that's why I'm always joking that music is my religion. When I need some help and direction, nothing works better than listening to some good songs. There is always bound to be someone else who has been in the same situation and the sense of perspective always makes the answer clear to me.

Amos Lee - Seen It All Before

Ok, I admit it. I only know this song because of the million and one times that I've watched the episode of Gilmore Girls where Luke and Lorelai dance at Liz's wedding. It makes me swoon and softens my barrier defenses against love. This song lulls you into this happy, content trance.

I can hear my heart pounding, oh but I can't decide. Stuck between the depths of my fear and the peaks of my pride...



Sam Phillips - Reflecting Light

Ok, I admit it. I only know this song because of the million and one times that I've watched the episode of Gilmore Girls where Luke and Lorelai dance at Liz's wedding. It is most definitely one of my definition of love moments that makes me swoon and soften my barrier defenses against love. Anyway, I've always found this to be such a beautiful song that just lulls you into this happy, content trance.


I rode the pain down. Got off and looked up. Looked into your eyes. The last open window, All around, My dark heart lit up the skies...



Chris Isaak - Let Me Down Easy


Ahhh, Chris Isaak. Is there any way to not love him? He's one of my favorite people to see live and he's one of the best puppies around. Such a sweet, emotional, rottenly-silly dude. I think this song is so sweet. I want to tell him not to worry. There's no way that she could say no to you.

No comments: