Sunday, January 30, 2011

Songs that allow me to feel...(Jack Johnson, Aretha Franklin, & Elton John)

There is something that I don't understand about myself. Maybe it's way that everyone is, but it frustrates me to no end. When I care about someone and feel all emotional, I can't accept and enjoy those feelings until I know how the other person feels. It's a silly way to live life, being so terrified of being the vulnerable one with the feelings. When did it become so embarrassing to care about another person? The interesting thing is that when I listen to music, it's the only time I let go and allow myself to feel what I'm feeling. And embarrassing or not, this is how I've been feeling.

Jack Johnson - Angel

Ahhh, Jack Johnson, even mainstream success and millions of adoring fans cannot crush my pure love for your music. This man knows how to love and how to write a super awesome song that makes you grove and just feel so damn good. This song makes everything about me want to smile.


You're so busy changing the world. Just one smile and you could change all of mine. We share the same soul...



Aretha Franklin - (You Make Me Feel Like) A Natural Woman

I know that this is a Carole King masterpiece, but Aretha just takes it to a total diva level of awesomeness. My real singing most definitely does not sound like this at all, but in my head, this is what I sound like... all that heart and emotion just ripping right through the song.


When my soul was in the lost and found, you came along and claimed it...



Elton John - I Guess That's Why They Call It The Blues

Yeah, yeah, so this song is so sweet, but when you really listen to the lyrics, it is so super sexy. I could listen to this song on repeat for the next 3 hours.

And I guess that's why they call it the blues. Time on my hands, could be time spent with you. Laughing like children, Living like lovers, Rolling like thunder under the covers...

No comments: