Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Eight Legs

I first listened to Eight Legs because I heard they sound like The Films. I love The Films. They don’t sound like the Films, but I still like them. They have thick British accents, a great upbeat sound, and fun lyrics. If I had to make a comparison, they kind of remind me a bit of Madness (Onnne step beyyyyyooooooond) with that hint of 80’s sound that seems to pepper my entire music collection. I had a hard time finding the album, which frankly made me all the more determined to listen to them. In my truly lame American style. they make me want to crack out my Union Jack and start calling all the dudes blokes. In my blood, I’m Scottish (damn my stupid ginger genes!), but in spirit, I feel the whole Brit thing. I so want to run away to London, but maybe like London circa 1969 or 1980. Anyway, I digress. This is Spilt Milk:


“Sometimes its funny how eloquence sounds eloquent
And sometimes all that you can do is all that you can do
Sometimes I wish I had a button I could push
To make things go my way”

No comments: