Thursday, May 20, 2010

I’ll Take My Twist with a Shout

I’ve been watching The Beatles Anthology, and I’ve gone olde timey this week. The male rock stars from the 1960’s are the epitome of sexy to me…The Beatles, The Stones.Don’t get me started on Pete Townshend. If I could time travel to 1969, I’d bring him home with me. I know that would somehow disrupt the whole space time continuum, but I’m good with that.

Twist and Shout is one of my favorite songs to go-to-town rock out on when playing Beatles Rock Band. Just generally because the song rocks, but part of it is because it’s just so fun getting even a small feeling of what it would have been like to see The Beatles perform at The Cavern Club. Whenever I sing this, I pretend that I’m right there on that float with Ferris in Chi-town.



The Rolling Stones are my favorite band to listen to when I’m painting. I always listened to Flowers on vinyl. By far, the version of Out of Time on that album is my favorite Rolling Stones song and again one of those songs that you just can’t help but to sing along to.

No comments: