Thursday, July 1, 2010

How to Gracefully Disappear in a Room

It was a crazy week with a broken fridge and self-induced drama, but the good news is that I listened to a ton of tunes and really love my choices for this week. They are both a little dark and odd, and I think that’s what I love the most about them. I seriously wish that I had written the long tirade of lyrics in Michael Trent’s song.

The National – Secret Meeting



“And now I’m sorry that I missed you. I had a secret meeting in the basement of my brain.”

Michael Trent – Situations


“Sometimes I think that we were made to get frayed and worn out, rough around the edges with our hearts teetering on ledges, not too strong. Sometimes I think we were sent with intent to meet and break each other’s hearts, get pulled apart, and fill the world up with our songs. He said ‘Baby, you feel like home, and I’m so tired of being alone, and I hate that I have to go, but I’m going anyway. There are just some things you have to do, some situations to go through. I still love you, but I’m going anyway.’”

1 comment:

Artephius said...

It went the dull and wicked ordinary way...