Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Bibliophilia: Book 35

My reading has slowed down dramatically in the last month. The list of books that I'm currently reading has grown exponentially and I hit a roadblock book. You know, the type. It isn't so bad that you give up, but you just can't quite get into it, so you’ll do just about anything other than reading. I guess that I'm far too stubborn to give up. Luckily, I finally finished the book earlier this week.

Halfway to the Grave (Book 1) - Jeaniene Frost


I didn't hate this book, but I didn’t love it. The reviews on Amazon and Shelfari were fantastic, so I was expecting more. The characters were interesting enough, but it felt like everything (every description, plot twist, etc.) took too long to develop. Maybe I wasn't in the right frame of mind because I normally eat up these cheesy vampire novels. Growing up, I taunted my sister for her love of smutty, romance novels. While reading this, all I could think was how the literary mighty have fallen. I won't be finishing out the series. Ironically, I still didn't totally hate it. If it came out as a movie, I think the story might even be pretty interesting.

Anyway, the reading roadblock was happily cleared. I am now lost in the crazy, cracked out land of Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. Most of last night, I had nightmares about bad trips with lots of lizard people and bats. Thank you, Hunter S Thompson.

No comments: