Sunday, January 29, 2012

30 Day Drawing Challenge: Days 11 - 16

I am halfway through the challenge and haven't missed a day yet. Granted, I haven't been 100% happy to get started every night, but as a whole, this has been a lot of fun so far.
Day 11: Turning Point In Your Life


I've had a lot of turning points in my life. In high school, finding an interest in photography was a great time for me. It was fun and I was pretty good at it. I miss the hours locked away in the darkroom, tricking people to smell stop bath, and the mystery in taking photographs and having to wait to see how they turned out.



Day 12: Most Recent Accomplishment


I have always wanted to learn to play guitar. I tried when I was younger, but it chewed up my fingers and I gave up far too easily. Last April, I started taking lessons and I'm happy to say that I can now play a bit of guitar. I'm not amazing, but I can make something that halfway resembles music. This is one of my guitars. It’s a purplish Fender.
 


Day 13: Comic

I'm not sure if I was supposed to design a comic or draw my favorite one. I chose the latter. If I could only name one thing that resembles what it is like being in my brain, I would suggest reading some Calvin and Hobbes.



Day 14: Favorite Fairy Tale

I had a hard time deciding which fairy tale was my favorite, but I went with Grimm's Cinderella. In the traditional story, Cinderella doesn;t have a fairy god mother. Sadly, her mother died and she planted a hazel tree on her grave. When she was upset, she went to the tree and a white bird landed on the branches above her and granted her wishes. I find the bird more magical and interesting than Prince Charming.



Day 15: Family Picture


I wish that I was having a better painting day. One day, I'm going to try this day again and work on a better portrait.



Day 16: Inspiration


Color inspires me. I love opening a box of paint, picking out a random color, and then just seeing where it takes me.


2 comments:

MollyKH said...

Annie , you are amazing"

Unknown said...

Awww, thanks for the support and the comment. Blog comments are like crack to bloggers. :)