Sunday, January 22, 2012

A Very Unhappy Blue Monday to You...

A scientist somewhere (probably Finland or Norway) figured out an equation for the most depressing day of the year, which always seems to fall on a Monday in January. This is Blue Monday. Apparently, the scientist was also a New Order fan. For 2012, it's tomorrow, January 23. In all honesty, mine was last week, so either his equation is off or I'm just ahead of the curve. Yeah, me.


To celebrate... well, more to commiserate, I made this lovely, dark New Wave inspired mix to get you through the day. 

At the bottom of the page, I tried out an Amazon MP3 clips widget, so you guys will have to let me know how it works. And if you know of any better way to post a playable mixtape, please let me know. Anyway, enjoy.
  Blue Monday 2012 Mix
  1. New Order - Blue Monday
  2. The Killers - Shadowplay
  3. Depeche Mode - Corrupt
  4. Violent Femmes - Color Me Once
  5. The Cure - 10:15 Saturday Night
  6. Joy Division - Transmission
  7. Siouxsie & The Banshees - Arabian Knights
  8. Echo & The Bunnymen - People Are Strange
  9. The Sisters Of Mercy - Lucretia My Reflection
  10. The Glove - Mouth To Mouth
  11. The Cure - Let's Go To Bed (Live Version)


No comments: